wood down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were sick o' more! :smirk:

Ha! I thought you were done with sycamore for a while too! Looks like my idea of a PERFECT day for cutting wood - wish I could grab my saw and step into that picture! Cheers!

Wow, you are loaded with those sycamore trees. Is there a reason you drop two before cutting them up? I usually cut one down and right away cut it up. Somehow I've always liked to say that part about cutting down and then cutting up. :lol:

You must be working bottom land or a wet area,
Sycamore like lots of water.
It's BTUs close to the trail. Good fall, nice hinge :)
Nice picture on a nice day

backwoods...im usually tapped out and too tired....i usually finish splitting and then haul to the pile...then the last thing i do is lop a couple down, so the next day im ready to start bucking....and yes im sick o more..mainly for the way it splits..i dont have a problem the way it burns....i can usually only split about a fourth of a tree manually...rest has to have hydraulics......dave..yep creek runs right below these sycamores..the creek will have more water in it when i get done cutting these sycamores out..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.