Wood fairy strikes again.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Burning Hunk
Dec 8, 2013
Rhode Island
image.jpg My new wood hookup sends me a text today......got some wood......I thinking its Sunday....I hope it's not little stuff......so I take a drive.......swwweeeeet! All big stuff. I had to take two trips with my pickup. I'm thinking maybe 1/2-3/4 a cord of Norway maple......easy to split....quick to dry.....thanks wood fairy! Most of it was bucked up to......!

I put the 2x4 in there for scale.

Congrats!!! Man I would love that type of hook up

Last edited:
Nice score. Shame you had to pick it up thou ;)

Might head out for a load right now.

Doesn't look at all like Norway.

Reactions: paul bunion
I dunno, that's what the tree guy told me it was. I'm not very good with the ID yet. Any thoughts on what it is?

My first thought is beech, but I have little beech experience.

Looks more like Beech, Unless those were all upper branches but those bigger rounds do not look right for Norway. If it is hard as a rock and heavy as sin its Beech. Top of most btu charts.

I have never seen norway but it isnt sugar maple. Bark looks too smooth to be silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.