Wood fired pizza ovens?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a round Pizza stone set in a 22" Webber Grill. Its charcoal fired but it works great.

Fire up the Grill. Wait till the coals are white (no fluid smell at all, or you'll ruin the stone). Place Pizza Stone on the rack. Wait until stone is hot and flop on the Pizza. Cook with THE LID SHUT so the top gets cooked. Works like a champ. Does taste different than the oven, especially if you have some chicken/steak drippings in the grill.

You could use real wood charcoal instead of the Kingsfood stuff.

I know that's an option, since I've got the same weber. I also only burn Chigger Creek lump charcoal, lit in a chimnmey starter of course! But the point of this oven is jus tto have tha abillity to cook pizza, we wwant it to be a part of our kitchen.

Kingsford is made from wood (and a few other things)

Add some Hickory chunks
Mesquite is too strong for pizza

A chimney starter is best for getting the coals going
I havent bought lighter fluid in years

If you get the indoor wood fired pizza oven you will need Brother Bart's custom croc boots, porsche chainsaw, bmw splitter, egg chair and the mac...A a garnish on the pie toss on a few of Craig's problem solver mushrooms!!!!

you know, one of the most versital oven/grill is the big green egg. You can get it up to and sustain high temps for baking, and can be fired with wood. The Big Green Egg are incredible appliances. We sell these to bakers that want to make great french bread. They offer a "place setter" and pizza stone. This combination has produced some of the best woodfired pizza i have ever had.

haha saw them too!! Going to purchase one of those after the next paycheck and this way I can get rid of the weber grill and the weber bullet smoker. However, like I said, this isn't a necessity so I can cook pizza, it's a luxury and something that we both agree we want to be a part of our kitchen.

Can't you design and build one into your stove, Corie?

And (not that it's any of my business), I thought she was your fiance! Whatsupwithat?

Eric Johnson said:
Can't you design and build one into your stove, Corie?

And (not that it's any of my business), I thought she was your fiance! Whatsupwithat?

Thank you Eric. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the fiance likes the Weber, but the wife wants a pizza oven. ;-)

Today on As The Hearth Burns...

Craig Pizza recipe shape the dough add some sauce springke some tomatoes then Bam Bam kick it a notch add those special mushrooms. Insert a cd Jefferson Airplaine one makes you larger and one makes you small and one does nothing at all
But go ask Martha I think she will know

The fiance likes what i make on the weber. The wife sees house plans and is pining for a pizza oven! haha

Excuse the lingo mixup. We were at the car dealer yesterday and he referred to her as my wife about 398349384 times. Apparently he said it so much I started believing it!

My brother-in-law built one into a corner of the kitchen. The exterior of the chimney goes up through their greenhouse and does a great job of heating it at night. He built it custom, finishing the front with a Vermont Castings pair of doors. It looks great and works well too. They use it to heat the house on milder days

elkimmeg said:
Craig Pizza recipe shape the dough add some sauce springke some tomatoes then Bam Bam kick it a notch add those special mushrooms. Insert a cd Jefferson Airplaine one makes you larger and one makes you small and one does nothing at all
But go ask Martha I think she will know

Thanks for the laugh ELK!

Corie said:
The fiance likes what i make on the weber. The wife sees house plans and is pining for a pizza oven! haha

Excuse the lingo mixup. We were at the car dealer yesterday and he referred to her as my wife about 398349384 times. Apparently he said it so much I started believing it!

I got news for you, Corie: It involves more than lingo, bro.

Elk: I second Vintage's motion. That's pretty darn funny.

Eric Johnson said:
Corie said:

I got news for you, Corie: It involves more than lingo, bro.

Elk: I second Vintage's motion. That's pretty darn funny.

Na Na Na NAAAA...Na Na NAAA...Heyyyyy.....GOODBYEEEE

You know that you are already gone when you hear that deep base dum dum dum
Another gone another gone another one bites bites the dust

Dum dum dumm another one bites the dust

Soulds like your bacholor day are gone
Dum dum dum annother one bites the dust

Look here Corie. I've been drooling over building one of these also. Outisde. But cost id kinda high. I'm going to look into used bricks for the body, so all I have to buy is firebricks and a few cinder blocks. But these take a lot of firebricks.

brick oven page

Down towards the bottom there is a bunch of links to prefab ovens.

Nice link!!! Thanks warren

Attachments

• joel01.jpg
    joel01.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 467
Billie Joel and Corie's missus?

I hear Billy Joel is a HUGE fan of pizza cooked indoors over wood.

Eric Johnson said:
I hear Billy Joel is a HUGE fan of pizza cooked indoors over wood.

No wonder Christie Brinkley hit the road...Sounds like a good article for the hearth wiki....Giving your wood fired appliance more attention than your spouse can lead to divorce....

Status
Not open for further replies.