1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Wood fired pizza ovens?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Corie, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Not around here. Before she became disabled the little brown haired girl was a stove stoke'en mama for 20 years. Now her main guestions are "Are you sure there is enough wood honey?", "Will the liner make the stove more efficient?" and "Who says pine isn't good firewood? It's a dream to start a fire with."

Love that gal.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Good grief....Any moron who would attend to a fire when Christie B's waitin for you in the sheets us nuts!! Christie is still hotter than a PE Summit in the midst of an overfire!!!
  3. carpniels

carpniels Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rome, NY, USA
    Hi Warren,

You are in luck my friend. I just heard she is splitting from her 4th husband.

Go get her Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carpniels
  4. Martin Strand III

Martin Strand III New Member

Loc:
    NW MI near nowhere
    Nothing (read: not a thing) beats a masonry wood fired pizza/PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) oven. That said, the Big Green Egg (claim: some kind of space age ceramic guaranteed not to break fom heat) comes in a distant second. Sorry, the Weber is in a different league all together. The former two I currently have, use and the latter I burned for a few decades until I discovered cooking over wood coals (or natural charcoal) in ceramic or masonry vessels (modern materials borrowing old asian 'kamoto' technology actually).

Why do you think so many wood fired masonry ovens are in swank gourmet restaurants?

We're talking "Taste" here folks, and notice the capital "T". There is a difference.

Aye,
    Marty

Grandma used to say: "When Grandpa cooks, dinner's done when the smoke alarm goes off".
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Ya know the season is coming when Marty clocks in.
  6. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

How did Marty miss the outside air debate?
  7. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Aye. Welcome back Marty.
  8. Martin Strand III

Martin Strand III New Member

Loc:
    NW MI near nowhere
    This one's easy: "'Ben thar, dunnit".

I'm lookin' for some fresh meat (for the Bar B).

Aye,
    Marty
  9. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

For all poster member new the past two years, Marty and I had the fresh air debate on the old forum that lasted weeks
    I was hoping Marty remembered the conclusions. I do know the same studies were refferenced including Tom's
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.