Wood fired pizza ovens?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage 181 said:
No wonder Christie Brinkley hit the road...Sounds like a good article for the hearth wiki....Giving your wood fired appliance more attention than your spouse can lead to divorce....

Not around here. Before she became disabled the little brown haired girl was a stove stoke'en mama for 20 years. Now her main guestions are "Are you sure there is enough wood honey?", "Will the liner make the stove more efficient?" and "Who says pine isn't good firewood? It's a dream to start a fire with."

Love that gal.

Vintage 181 said:
Eric Johnson said:
I hear Billy Joel is a HUGE fan of pizza cooked indoors over wood.

No wonder Christie Brinkley hit the road...Sounds like a good article for the hearth wiki....Giving your wood fired appliance more attention than your spouse can lead to divorce....

Good grief....Any moron who would attend to a fire when Christie B's waitin for you in the sheets us nuts!! Christie is still hotter than a PE Summit in the midst of an overfire!!!

Hi Warren,

You are in luck my friend. I just heard she is splitting from her 4th husband.

Go get her Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carpniels

Nothing (read: not a thing) beats a masonry wood fired pizza/PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) oven. That said, the Big Green Egg (claim: some kind of space age ceramic guaranteed not to break fom heat) comes in a distant second. Sorry, the Weber is in a different league all together. The former two I currently have, use and the latter I burned for a few decades until I discovered cooking over wood coals (or natural charcoal) in ceramic or masonry vessels (modern materials borrowing old asian 'kamoto' technology actually).

Why do you think so many wood fired masonry ovens are in swank gourmet restaurants?

We're talking "Taste" here folks, and notice the capital "T". There is a difference.

Aye,
Marty

Grandma used to say: "When Grandpa cooks, dinner's done when the smoke alarm goes off".

Ya know the season is coming when Marty clocks in.

BrotherBart said:
Ya know the season is coming when Marty clocks in.

Aye. Welcome back Marty.

For all poster member new the past two years, Marty and I had the fresh air debate on the old forum that lasted weeks
I was hoping Marty remembered the conclusions. I do know the same studies were refferenced including Tom's

Status
Not open for further replies.