Wood fireplace recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TboneMan

Mar 20, 2008
Central NY
I'm over here from the pellet stove side of the site as I'll be building a new house and am looking for some recommendations.

The new house will have access to natural gas, so there's little need for a pellet stove, but I'd like to keep some flame in the living room.

I'm also not interested in a gas fireplace as the new house will have a relatively sophisticated and efficient whole house heating system, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to burn natural gas in an inefficient manner just for atmosphere.

Besides, I'll have access to free fire wood from the land associated with the new house.

I'm thinking that an EPA certified wood fireplace with an outside air kit would meet my desire for "flame". Before I start shopping around, I thought I'd inquire here first.

So, what does this board recommend for a sealed unit, wood fireplace?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.