Wood for 2012/2013

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SWNH

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 23, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
My next door neighbor had 7 big pines cut down. He doesn't burn that much wood (snowbird...winters in FL), so he said I could have it all. The rounds are big enough to make loading them in the back of my ATV impossible (alone). So I affixed a winch to my 5x8 trailer and dragged them up. I have to take a running start to get up my driveway (slope part is dirt), but the Polaris hauls the trailer and load just fine. Stopping is another matter, though! I've bucked and hauled about 1/2 the wood so far. A couple straight trunks will be destined for my sawmill.

Attachments

• pine3.jpg
    pine3.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 377
  • pine2.jpg
    pine2.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 355
  • pine1.jpg
    pine1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 382
Nice place. Great score!

Nice rounds, what type of mill do you have?

Zap

zapny said:

Just have the small Hud-son Oscar 16 left. I sold my Lucasmill last year.

Attachments

• bandmill.jpg
    bandmill.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 267
  • lucasmill.jpg
    lucasmill.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 265
Peter SWNH said:
zapny said:

Just have the small Hud-son Oscar 16 left. I sold my Lucasmill last year.

Very nice, also it looks like you have a great setup.

Zap

Thats a BIG MILL! Very Nice set up there.

Damn, had no idea there were so many personal millers about, now I really want some extra wide planks to do a bedroom floor :-O Hmm I wonder how Black Locust would look with some varnish :)

Status
Not open for further replies.