Wood for winter and a picture test.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldspark

Hope this works, wood stacked in single rows for quicker drying. (works for me)

Attachments

• P1000161(1).jpg
    P1000161(1).jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 477
Lot of wood . . . looks good Old Spark.

Very nice! That's almost exactly how I stack my firewood, give or take.

I see you use the same woodpile posts that I do. They're sturdy, but not very convenient to move. Here's what I have put up so far....I figure it's about a cord and a half. About half cherry and half oak, just from a few trees that had to come down to make room for our addition.

Attachments

• WoodPile.jpg
    WoodPile.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 346
Looks good for both oldspark and Joe.

True that the wood will dry faster in single rows so if one doesn't have wood ahead, that is the only way to go. I also notice that neither of these guys have the top of their wood piles covered. We do the same thing. We leave them uncovered the first summer and fall then cover the tops in late fall or early winter depending on the weather. We try to get it covered before the snow flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.