Wood-Fueled Cars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For more on wood powered vehicles, trucks, tractors etc. try www.farmshow.com. Their farm news has at least one vehicle per issue, all home made in the good old US of A. Farmers rule.

I didn't notice any wood storage on those vehicles!

Craig

They look like chip gasifiers to me, Craig. Or maybe pellets. I'm guessing that's what's in those big stainless steel tanks.

How about a wood-fired skidder? Never run out of fuel.

Eric Johnson said:
They look like chip gasifiers to me, Craig. Or maybe pellets. I'm guessing that's what's in those big stainless steel tanks.

How about a wood-fired skidder? Never run out of fuel.

That would be good with me! If fuel prices keep going up I am going to consider a hay & oat powered skidder.

I had one of those El Caminos too. Wonder how much wood it "burns"?

colebrookman said:
For more on wood powered vehicles, trucks, tractors etc. try www.farmshow.com. Their farm news has at least one vehicle per issue, all home made in the good old US of A. Farmers rule.

I recently bought their back issue CD. Lots of cool stuff in it if that's your cup of tea. There's also quite a bit of things related to wood burning, repowering tractors, farmer inventions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.