Wood furnace in Fairfield Cty, Connecticut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2009
Connecticut
I have a 4000 Sq feet house in Norwalk CT. I have an oil furnace ( Burnham V8) that burns close to 1000 gallons to heat part of the house (1700 Sq feet) . I primarily use a wood insert for heating the rest.

Do you recommend any good installer that I can talk to for a wood furnace? I have big unfinished basement.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Call Dean's Stove & Spa in Southington, (I'm in Wallingford).........I dunno if they SELL wood furnaces though........I only see wood & pellet stoves in the showroom. We bought our wood stove from them, and their Installers did a very "Professional" job, so maybe they have some expertise with wood furnaces. Worth a shot!

-Soupy1957

Sounds like a Wood Gasification boiler would work well for you.

Steve

Yes I've heard that. There are options for indoor wood gasification boilers that can heat 4000 to 5000 sq ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.