Wood furnace install ?s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitennerdy

Mar 6, 2009
Indiana
I just purchased a new DAKA wood furnace and a lot of supervent stainless class A flue at Menard's on sale last week. It's installed now in my shop and drafts and burns good, really heats up the shop, and a far cry from the last barrel stove I used in a garage years ago. I put the stove pipe to stainless adaptor direct on the back of the furnace and went right to the supervent 3' piece that runs horizontal through the thimble and out the wall into the 90 deg box with 5 more stainless sections up to the cap. Is it OK to go right into the stainless like this or do I need a short length of stove pipe out the back of the furnace into a 1' piece of supervent through the thimble and do I need the automatic damper they sell at Menard's? My clearances are all good I just really want to do this right.

Call the manufacturer and ask.

For what it's worth, I ran mine this year without a barometric damper.

From what you have said I have a question.Does the 3 foot pipe to the thimble have any rise?
It needs at least 1" per linear foot.
2nd....your flue must go beyond the roofline by 3 foot unless you are withing 10 feet of the peak of your roof where you'll need to go beyond the peak by at least 2 foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.