1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

wood furnace modification

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by ckaudio1, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckaudio1

ckaudio1 New Member

Loc:
    michigan
    I aquired a US Stove Co hot shot 1400 series with two seasons of use on it for a trade....... so nothing into it money wise, so why not make it better? I removed the twin factory blowers rated at 6.8 amp for the pair and installed a lennox ecm variable speed blower motor ( full running cfm and pulling only .40 amp now.) I
    'm not finished with the install yet as far as tying in the return air and do not have the humidifier pictured yet. For controls I'm using a lennox g61v 2-stage variable speed furnace control board and am using the cooling circuit. The fan limit is now converted to 24 volt and the humidifier powered by the 24 volt y/c coolong circuit. I'm running two stages of air speed with this setup and the ability to run low cfm constant fan.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ckaudio1

ckaudio1 New Member

Loc:
    michigan
    A few more pictures

Attached Files:

3. ckaudio1

ckaudio1 New Member

Loc:
    michigan
    last one for now

Attached Files:

4. ckaudio1

ckaudio1 New Member

Loc:
    michigan
    This is what the stove looked like before I started the modifications. An actual plenum is on top now rather than just two round 7" pipes tying tino ductwork.

Attached Files:

5. Cowboy Billy

Cowboy Billy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Britton MI
    Awesome Mod CK!

I have a Johnsons energy system furnace that looks just like it. I need to do the same thing. I have been complaining for the last two years how much those little inefficient blowers raises my electric bill.

Billy
  6. ckaudio1

ckaudio1 New Member

Loc:
    michigan
    Thanks Billy, I'll post some more pics as the progress continues plus some more inbetween pics that I left out. One nice thing about the new setup is that it is whisper quiet while running unlike the older twin ac blowers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.