Wood furnace or wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JustinTyme01

Mar 27, 2018
Pa
i currently heat with a wood furnace (Vogelzang Norseman 1500). I hate this furnace. It does the job but not efficiently and to fix its problems I would be around 500 so I’m considering replacing it with another wood furnace or wood stove.

I’m going to install a pellet stove on the first floor and remove my old boiler and all of its water lines. It is completely shot. I’m also going to install electric baseboards.

My question is should I get another wood furnace or just a wood stove with a blower. I even thought about installing a second pellet stove with a liner in the ss chimney I installed for my wood furnace.

i currently heat with a wood furnace (Vogelzang Norseman 1500). I hate this furnace. It does the job but not efficiently and to fix its problems I would be around 500 so I’m considering replacing it with another wood furnace or wood stove.

I’m going to install a pellet stove on the first floor and remove my old boiler and all of its water lines. It is completely shot. I’m also going to install electric baseboards.

My question is should I get another wood furnace or just a wood stove with a blower. I even thought about installing a second pellet stove with a liner in the ss chimney I installed for my wood furnace.
Myself I would get a wood stove that doesn't need electricity, then If you loose power your still going to be warm. I'm no doomsday prepper but I like having the comfort of knowing I'm going to keep my family warm without counting on anyone else.

I was thinking the same thing. The furnace is nice but if I put a pellet stove upstairs and a wood stove in the basement I will use way less wood and still have a warm house.

Is the current wood furnace ducted to supply the main floor?

Tarn- gasifier furnace used by many here.....