Wood furnace replacement - Help selecting a good system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JRHawk9 - Yes I do have LP furnace as well but it has been running in parallel with a wood furnace for a long time so everything is already setup for the two furnaces. I did not get the water coil. Is it something that needs to be installed when it is made or can it be installed later? That could be an interesting option to add on but I don't know that I have the funds for that right now.

You may want to call Daryl and ask them to put the access panel in just in case you decide to add the water coil later. I don't think they provision it with one if you don't order the coil. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: They would also have to weld in the mounting studs to the back of the firebox.

Last edited:
You may want to call Daryl and ask them to put the access panel in just in case you decide to add the water coil later. I don't think they provision it with one if you don't order the coil. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: They would also have to weld in the mounting studs to the back of the firebox.

We need to know in advance if you want one. We still have plenty of time to get one on if you want it. Shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] and my dad will follow-up in the evening.

Reactions: hobbyheater
congrats! I just installed my VF100 this summer. Do you have a LP/NG furnace as well? If not, your install will be easier than mine. I had to run a gravity zone damper as well as a powered zone damper along with wiring for my humidifier as well as wiring to keep my LP furnace from powering up when the VF100 was in use.

Did you choose to get the water coil as well?

View attachment 139909 View attachment 139910 View attachment 139911

Have you fired it up yet?

Reactions: hobbyheater
Status
Not open for further replies.