Wood furnace suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh2121

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
Hey there , I'm considering a wood furnace for next year. My situation , id like to heat my unfinished basement (which only has fiberglass insulation in then Joyce cavities) and my 1 1/2 story house which accounts for 1200 sq Ft of live-able space approx.. so my question is what brand of furnace should I look into that has the biggest bang for its buck. thanks

Hi! That's 1200 with the basement or plus the basement?
Bang for the buck...Drolet Tundra.
Make sure you have wood split, stacked and drying right now, and depending on species, it still won't be dry enough for next year, but you'll have a good start. Any efficient wood furnace will need wood that is under 20% MC (moisture content) when freshly re-split, and then tested on the fresh face with a moisture meter, to be able to burn worth a hoot and not drive you insane with problems

Last edited:
Reactions: aimee750
Status
Not open for further replies.