wood furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A buddy of mine has had one since the late 80's and it is still his main heat source. They are similar in function to the larger Firechief's you find today. They were built like tanks with heavy steel & firebricks. I believe they were made in WI and the company is no longer in business. Well built furnace and if it has not been over fired it should last a long time. good luck

Edit.. I called my buddy to see if he might have a manual and his is an Energy Mate made by EROC in Tomah Wisconsin and not an Energy Tech but he thinks the company also made the Energy Tech model and it was just a smaller model than his. Post a pic

I will get a photo the next time I see him . It is built like a tank and has about the same weight. I think I will be "Busy" when he moves it from his pourch to the basement. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.