wood gasification installers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 22, 2014
maine
I live in the midcoast area in maine and interested in varmebaronen. Who would be the best choice as an installer

The guy who did mine never did a gasser before. Took one look at the blueprint and said,,,,,,,,,, no different than any other boiler ,,,,, except the thermic valve. The concept of plumbing is the same, just burns different.

The guy who did mine never did a gasser before. Took one look at the blueprint and said,,,,,,,,,, no different than any other boiler ,,,,, except the thermic valve. The concept of plumbing is the same, just burns different.
The problem is that in Maine you need to have a solid fuel endorsement in order to install wood boilers. Most oil/gas heating contractors don't have that endorsement on their license.

Reactions: Chris Hoskin
The problem is that in Maine you need to have a solid fuel endorsement in order to install wood boilers. Most oil/gas heating contractors don't have that endorsement on their license.
I have talked to some solid fuel guys and they seemed to be only do pellet boiler installs and they try to stear me to them. I have a wood source so gassifier makes more sense for me. Installed a woodstock progress woodstove two years ago and dont mind dealing with wood. The home is1700sq ft with no existing boiler , has propane hot water heater , and a k1 monitor with two 250 tanks in basement. Want to get rid of k1 tanks and monitor and install woodboiler in basement with 1000 gallons water storage and hydronic panel radiators but i have limited skills

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in midcoast Maine, and recently purchased a Varmebaronen boiler with the pellet head. It is working great, and I love it. In order to get the Efficiency Maine rebate I was required to have it professionally installed by an Efficiency Maine person. This install was the first of this type they had installed. They were mostly familiar with the Kedel pellet boiler, so it took them a little more time to get it done. But they did a good job. Only problem is that this time of year they are quite busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.