Wood Gun isn't firing automatically

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we got the Wood Gun install completed. We fired it up and eventually brought the water temp up to 170-175, switched it to "Run", the boiler closed the fresh air intake and shut off the draft fan. Then went into the house and called for heat. I set the thermostat at 70. The heat got up to 69 and didn't go up any more and obviously the furnace fan kept running. So I went out to check the boiler and it's still in the shutdown phase but the water temp is at 125-130. So I guess I'm trying to find out why it isn't firing back up? I would think that that it has something to do with one of the limit switches. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Attachments

• 100_4245res.jpg
    100_4245res.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 100_4237res.jpg
    100_4237res.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 271
Get a cheap continuity light & take the tin covers off the control boxes & find the culprit. You might want to start backtracking from the motorized damper first & then if no luck start from the wall plug or cord, Randy

What temps are the aquastats set at? Also check the small differential wheel inside their housing.

There is an operating limit on the back it's set to 200. And the one on the front next to the low water cut off is also at 200. And the high limit switch has the two dials in it and they're both set to 200.

That's a different set up than mine so perhaps you should call Carl at AHS?
The units that operate my boiler are the High Limit(this shuts down the boiler to avoid overheating) and the Operating Limit(this stops the air intake because the water has reached the desired temp). My High Limit is set at 200 and Operating Limit is at 180. I have a 3rd aquastat but that's because my unit is oil/wood.
The dials I refer to are inside the aquastat housing and are the differential dials that I think range from 0 to 20. I had to adjust mine to assure the unit would refire when the water temp dropped to 160.

Yep. I just talked to Carl and he had me set the operating temp at 185 and the high limit dials to 140 low and 205 high. And now everything is working perfectly. I'll tell you, the people at Alternate Heating have been very helpful and patient with all my questions. And not to mention all the help I've received from all the members at Hearth.com. My experience here has been great. I appreciate everything. Thanks to all, and have a Merry warm Christmas and happy holidays.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.