1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Wood Gun- One flue for wood and oil

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by NickR, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickR

NickR New Member

Loc:
    eastern ME
    I have been considering an AHS Wood Gun gasifier with the built in oil burner option. The flues for both burners are joined internally and there is only one exterior flue. I am interested in comments on this design from a safety point of view. My impression is that the Wood Gun is a superior quality product, but I don't have the technical sophistication to reconcile their design with the strongly worded warnings on this forum against using combined flues. I am especially interested in hearing from anyone with experience with these boilers. BTW, I am also thinking about preparing a flue for a separate oil burner. Thanks all. Nick R.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. antknee2

antknee2 New Member

Loc:
    NY
    I met a very interesting wood and coal stove dealer when I purchased the Seton boiler . Wayne Bryant Is now a Wood Gun dealer and uses one to heat his home and barns . He will be a great information source for you .

http://www.heatall.com/index.html
  3. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Based on my limited experience (so far) with a gasifier, I'd have to say that I don't see a problem. I checked my chimney the other day, after about 4 months of operation, and it has a very thin layer of fine soot--no creosote at all. As such, I wouldn't worry about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.