Wood Gun- One flue for wood and oil

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickR

Feb 2, 2008
eastern ME
I have been considering an AHS Wood Gun gasifier with the built in oil burner option. The flues for both burners are joined internally and there is only one exterior flue. I am interested in comments on this design from a safety point of view. My impression is that the Wood Gun is a superior quality product, but I don't have the technical sophistication to reconcile their design with the strongly worded warnings on this forum against using combined flues. I am especially interested in hearing from anyone with experience with these boilers. BTW, I am also thinking about preparing a flue for a separate oil burner. Thanks all. Nick R.

I met a very interesting wood and coal stove dealer when I purchased the Seton boiler . Wayne Bryant Is now a Wood Gun dealer and uses one to heat his home and barns . He will be a great information source for you .

http://www.heatall.com/index.html

Based on my limited experience (so far) with a gasifier, I'd have to say that I don't see a problem. I checked my chimney the other day, after about 4 months of operation, and it has a very thin layer of fine soot--no creosote at all. As such, I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.