Wood Gun's First Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Heat

Feb 1, 2008
Ontario Canada
I finally fired up the Wood gun today with much excitement and trepidation. The journey has taken over 2 years. I did the installation myself, but the knowledge and experience came from this forum. A big thank you to every contributing member. There were times of “Holy smokes what have I got into” and times of “Hey I did that”. My wife thinks I am certifiably nuts and need to join a support group and my friends are worried I am going to shut down their furnaces in the middle of winter with my NFCS control system.

I always knew burning wood was a lifestyle but I am beginning to think this gasification thing is an addiction.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences.

Terry :)

Congrats!!! Now for the inevitable learning curve. At least you will be starting during the actual heating season and it should be a bit easier for you. I became somewhat frustrated in October due to low heat demand and fires going out on me. My wife also thinks I'm a bit overboard with wood scrounging/cutting/stacking but she has totally bought into this "lifestyle" now that the house is very comfortable on even the coldest nights and we don't pay the oil guy any longer.

Congratulations! Keep us posted on how it goes. Interested in hearing more 'blow by blow' descriptions of experiences with the current-vintage WoodGun.

Perfect Heat said:
I finally fired up the Wood gun today with much excitement and trepidation. The journey has taken over 2 years. I did the installation myself, but the knowledge and experience came from this forum. A big thank you to every contributing member. There were times of “Holy smokes what have I got into” and times of “Hey I did that”. My wife thinks I am certifiably nuts and need to join a support group and my friends are worried I am going to shut down their furnaces in the middle of winter with my NFCS control system.

I always knew burning wood was a lifestyle but I am beginning to think this gasification thing is an addiction.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences.

Terry :)
Good to hear about your WG. Did you get the stainless model? Randy

Perfect Heat said:
Randy,

Yes I did purchase a SS model

Terry
Good, should last a long long time, Randy

As Bob said,
muncybob said:
Congrats!!! Now for the inevitable learning curve.
Truer words weree never spoken. Although we absolutely love ours and embrace the "lifestyle", lol. There is still the fact of the Learning Curve! But, congratulations on the new Wood Gun, you'll love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.