1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood Gun's First Fire

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Perfect Heat, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect Heat

Perfect Heat Member

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    I finally fired up the Wood gun today with much excitement and trepidation. The journey has taken over 2 years. I did the installation myself, but the knowledge and experience came from this forum. A big thank you to every contributing member. There were times of “Holy smokes what have I got into” and times of “Hey I did that”. My wife thinks I am certifiably nuts and need to join a support group and my friends are worried I am going to shut down their furnaces in the middle of winter with my NFCS control system.

I always knew burning wood was a lifestyle but I am beginning to think this gasification thing is an addiction.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences.

Terry :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    Congrats!!! Now for the inevitable learning curve. At least you will be starting during the actual heating season and it should be a bit easier for you. I became somewhat frustrated in October due to low heat demand and fires going out on me. My wife also thinks I'm a bit overboard with wood scrounging/cutting/stacking but she has totally bought into this "lifestyle" now that the house is very comfortable on even the coldest nights and we don't pay the oil guy any longer.
  3. pybyr

pybyr Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Adamant, VT 05640
    Congratulations! Keep us posted on how it goes. Interested in hearing more 'blow by blow' descriptions of experiences with the current-vintage WoodGun.
  4. taxidermist

taxidermist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fowlerville MI
    UM you are already in a support group......HEARTH.COM!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Rob
  5. Singed Eyebrows

Singed Eyebrows New Member

Loc:
    Midwest
    Good to hear about your WG. Did you get the stainless model? Randy
  6. Perfect Heat

Perfect Heat Member

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Randy,

Yes I did purchase a SS model

Terry
  7. Singed Eyebrows

Singed Eyebrows New Member

Loc:
    Midwest
    Good, should last a long long time, Randy
  8. 68dodgeramman

68dodgeramman Member

Loc:
    Northeastern Lower Michigan
    As Bob said,
    Truer words weree never spoken. Although we absolutely love ours and embrace the "lifestyle", lol. There is still the fact of the Learning Curve! But, congratulations on the new Wood Gun, you'll love it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.