Wood Hauler/chaser pictures....show them only loaded otherwise it does not count

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

struggle

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2006
NW Iowa
Since there is the long post your mug shot I think order is due to the great vehicles that we use to chase the btu sticks down with and bring them home. Only show it if you got it loaded though or it really does not count(should help on the cheating pictures) :lol:

trek016.jpg

trek017.jpg

I just returned from the wood pile, this should keep us warm for a while or like a month or more

Here's mine both ways; note the dragging mudflaps when piled with black locust. That was probably a ton load, well over Ranger 4x4 specs.

Attachments

• truck_unloaded.jpg
    truck_unloaded.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,190
  • truck_loaded.jpg
    truck_loaded.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,182
You've got to get it out of the woods.....

Here's some red alder.

Attachments

• pic8small.JPG
    pic8small.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,171
  • pic9small.JPG
    pic9small.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,142
heres our 180,000 mile ford.. i know it doesn't look like ts really loaded but the big stuff is at the bottom...

Attachments

• wood 004.jpg
    wood 004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,159
  • wood 003.jpg
    wood 003.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,152
'79 Dodge Prospector. Don't know what I'd do without her. She still runs and is great for the scrounging and trips to the dump!

Attachments

• truckload 'o wood-web.jpg
    truckload 'o wood-web.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,092
Pulldown I be you do not get know where near as upset when you drop a split on the side of your Dodge as I do with mine :)

There are times often I would like to have my old 1985 2500 chevy with the 292 manual trans for doing this kind of work. Get-r-Done

That's what I'm saying, you just can't beat having an old beat up truck (until it breaks down of course) for this kind of work. I don't know what I'm going to do when she dies. I can't imagine throwing wood into a new truck! :ahhh:

I'll probably have to get another old beater..... :)

Yeah, I miss my 79 Power Wagon, but not the parts bills. Last fix-up session ran me 1200 bucks. Now I use the wagon with a 4x8 trailer, will get some pics tomorrow when it's full. I treat the station wagon like it's a 2-WD F-150, which it really is, under the Clark Griswold exterior. Even got a set of chains for it this year. My storage piles are in the woods behind the house, I try to keep the pile in the driveway "topped up" as long into winter as I can. I can stack 12 cords or so in the driveway, and try to keep 1 cord in the basement.

Well, it's 1/2 loaded - does that count? I took a break last time I was backed up to one of my favorite hedge rows and snapped some photos.

Attachments

• DSCN24840001_1.JPG
    DSCN24840001_1.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 977
Do you have a lift on the truck or is the oversized tires? Looks good

Here's my hauler last fall. Its a 6x10 trailer with sides custom built by me. Forget what was in this load exactly. The F-350 in the background is for sale if anyone is interested in a good farm/plow/parts/beater truck. :)

Attachments

• FirewoodHauler2.jpg
    FirewoodHauler2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 967
Nice custom trailer, Eric. You gots some skills! :)

It's kinda small but great for selective harvesting and toting to the house.

Elkbelch

Attachments

• DSCN0081.JPG
    DSCN0081.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 849
Here's what I used this weekend. My '96 Cherokee w/ a 4'x12' borrowed trailer. It was pretty sweet, no picking up logs to the height of my truck bed.

Attachments

• 100_1510.JPG
    100_1510.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 867
I like the idea many of you use trailers than trucks. I would have a difficult time getting to my wood pile with out a truck in winter conditions.

Struggle. My wheels are a 1997 C turbo with 285,000 KMs. AS you can see shes no scratchie. Some times Ill take the Quad and little trailer with and bring the wood to the truck and large trailer.

Do we do a little lawn care on the side??

I ran my own lawn company in SW Fl. for ten years and have seen enough lawns to satisfy me for many moons. I do miss the freedom it provided being self employed.

I must say as well I have been a stay at home dad now for 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.