Wood-Hauling Trailer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fran35 said:
Just check out that website and register. Maryland always has a bunch for sale. If you get really froggy, you could decide to pick up one of those diesel CUC V pickups or 5 tons that go for under $500
Thanks Fran! I will keep an eye on that site!

fran35 said:
I was in the same predicament. Check this out:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=5060243&convertTo=USD

I realize this is in Maryland, but there are always new listing popping up each week, and some in Fort Drum, NY. I picked up one of these last year for $300 and it will haul whatever I can throw in there. The suspension on these things are amazing and will last forever. They almost all have the dump feature, although I have not sued it myself. The only downside is that the trailer has such a high clearance that lifting rounds into the back can be a chore. In any case, check it out. I can haul a whole cord easily with my SUV.

I wonder what we the people paid for that trailer new? I'm guessing about 10 times what they sell for now.

Flatbedford said:
fran35 said:

I realize this is in Maryland, but there are always new listing popping up each week, and some in Fort Drum, NY. I picked up one of these last year for $300 and it will haul whatever I can throw in there. The suspension on these things are amazing and will last forever. They almost all have the dump feature, although I have not sued it myself. The only downside is that the trailer has such a high clearance that lifting rounds into the back can be a chore. In any case, check it out. I can haul a whole cord easily with my SUV.

I wonder what we the people paid for that trailer new? I'm guessing about 10 times what they sell for now.
I'll GUARANTEE at LEAST ten times.......probably more!

http://www.codytrailers.com/10_Ft_Big_Tex_Vanguard_Utility_Trailer_p/35sv-10.htm

This one is the 6.5' x 10' and if you did a little garage "re-org" or could get it through a fence into your backyard you would have a decent wood hauler. This one has the 3500lb axle and the Big Tex site says it weighs in around 1000lbs so it should give you the hauling safety you need as long as you don't stack it too high. I kicked myself for a couple years after building my Red Trailer up with the rails and mesh ramp because it was flimsy and I never felt comfortable with our 700lb Kawasaki ATV on it. This one would make my drive a lot less stressful!!

fran35 said:
Just check out that website and register. Maryland always has a bunch for sale. If you get really froggy, you could decide to pick up one of those diesel CUC V pickups or 5 tons that go for under $500

Met a guy once who bought a full-size miltary Blazer with a diesel (6.5L or 6.2L, can't remember). Heard it idling and had to ask him where the hell he found that. Sure enough he had gone to one of these auctions and picked it up.

Says ~$3900 at the bottom of the page. Sure is better to sell for a few hundred $$s vs just having it sit unused or just crush it for scrap price.

Flatbedford said:
fran35 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.