1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood-Hauling Trailer?

Post in 'The Gear' started by SpeakEasy, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Thanks Fran! I will keep an eye on that site!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    I wonder what we the people paid for that trailer new? I'm guessing about 10 times what they sell for now.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I'll GUARANTEE at LEAST ten times.......probably more!
  4. Dano5509

Dano5509 Member

Loc:
    Eastern WA
    http://www.codytrailers.com/10_Ft_Big_Tex_Vanguard_Utility_Trailer_p/35sv-10.htm

This one is the 6.5' x 10' and if you did a little garage "re-org" or could get it through a fence into your backyard you would have a decent wood hauler. This one has the 3500lb axle and the Big Tex site says it weighs in around 1000lbs so it should give you the hauling safety you need as long as you don't stack it too high. I kicked myself for a couple years after building my Red Trailer up with the rails and mesh ramp because it was flimsy and I never felt comfortable with our 700lb Kawasaki ATV on it. This one would make my drive a lot less stressful!!
  5. Dano5509

Dano5509 Member

Loc:
    Eastern WA
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Met a guy once who bought a full-size miltary Blazer with a diesel (6.5L or 6.2L, can't remember). Heard it idling and had to ask him where the hell he found that. Sure enough he had gone to one of these auctions and picked it up.
  7. nate379

nate379 Guest

Says ~$3900 at the bottom of the page. Sure is better to sell for a few hundred $$s vs just having it sit unused or just crush it for scrap price.

8. bubba3228

bubba3228 Member

Loc:
    central wisconsin