Wood heat Cover Photo - going mainstream.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodjack

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2008
Woodstock, NY
I've always thought of us guys, and gals, here on the forum as a bunch of alternative, we-know-better, niche lifestyle whacky group.

Well, I guess we're going to get some company. I received my Fine Homebuiliding magazine in the mail yesterday and guess what's on the front. A cover photo of what looks like a RAIS or Krog-Iverson wood stove with the headline "Should You Consider Heating with Wood?"

I can't wait to read the article and see what type of misinformation they have to offer . . . and I wonder if they'll mention us.

Dang! There goes my cabinetry scrap supply.

I'm not too concerned...I don't think anybody around here where I live reads that particular magazine. %-P Rick

WoodJack you better watch out, those tree hugger types are more impressionable than you would ever imagine. My sister lives in San Francisco and when I told her I bought a wood stove, she cringed. I told her all about the efficiency of it and how it's CO2 neutral and doesn't pollute. I got nothing from her.

Then she came to visit in the winer and saw no smoke coming from the chimney. She's sold on them now.

karl
I consider my self environmentally conscious, but if my woodstove spewed nothing but black smoke, in my opinion, it would still be cleaner than sending my money to the middle east, Russia, and Venezuela.

Status
Not open for further replies.