Wood heat in the news

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the attention will garner. The big G is already issuing greater restrictions on emissions and that is not basically a bad thing. The article is wrong about wood heat being new in the US as it was actually primary before coal but the technology was basically abandoned when the fossil fuel industry caught on. The resurgence in wood as a renewable energy source is a good thing but it is wrought of necessity and industrialization of renewable energy resources will become a nightmare if we have not learned the lessons that heavy usage of a single energy resource has shown us. The real problem I see is the need for affordable heat and meeting that need by those who are on what is called the lower end of the income spectrum. By the time G has established all the criterion it feels are needed most of the units purchased will exced the ability for procurement. Not to mention that section in the article where it speaks of the "wood heat" effort being too great for most people. Ball of wax that with the $ signs in the eyes of the insurance companies eyes and I think we can get an industry with govt recognition. Oh...ecologists beware some one is talking about a sensible management of earths resources and big government and industry in one paragraph. BUT the wood burning consumer needs the advances that technology offers. I burn wood but I support drill here and drill now. Renewable carbon energy has long been missing from the standard of living in the USA. Just look at the land fills. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.