Wood heat is good heat!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
So all my wood thus far has been free and I got most of next years wood for free also.

After having a horrible time with Eastern propain I switched companies. When I switched I budgeted for the winter. The sales man asked me how much I would like to budget. I told him 500 gallons, he asked me what I will use the propain for. I told him Hot water, cooking, and occasional heat.

He told me that it wouldn't be enough for the winter, I said it sure was as I will heat with wood. He gave me the blah blah about how much hot water heaters use per year and blah blah.

I told him nope, 500 will do me.

well, we get a call from the company and they said we are using WAY more than we budget for and they gave my girlfriend the run around and they are gonna adjust our payments. My G/F called me and work and told me and I said that they are on drugs and to pretty much don't touch our payments or I will get rowdy!

So she called back and spoke with another lady that verified that we are using way more than we planned! So, seeing the apparent drug abuse going on there, we called back and got a manager this time. Well it turns out that we budgeted for 500 gallons, we were told by to employees that we are going way over, reality is that we have only used 161 gallons since october! We are gonna have a big credit coming to us!!

So it was a nice try by the other two people but I knew something was up!

Don't ya'll just love that wood heat!

With all the trees damaged from the ice storm you should be able to get plenty of wood for next year and still have more for the year after that.Great to be able to tell the gas company to pound sand

First year in this house dec was 550. ng bad thermostat . Jan was 440. Put in wood stove I to fight South Jersey Gas to get off budget , They sent the investigative team to see why I used 53.00 Dec 73.00 Jan , They would not come in . I told them as they were sitting by the meter waiting for my meter to move . JOKE its was 10 outside we were in short sleeves . Finally off budget . I love wood .

The reason I ditched Eastern Propain was because they dropped tanks to get my house inspected for buy. I told them in front of the real estate lady "DO NOT FILL THESE, I DO NOT OWN THE PROPERTY, THIS IS JUST FOR INSPECTION REASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!)

well they dropped them with 15 gallons in each, came back the next day and FILLED THEM. Well, no body knew but the thermostat was busted and the heat was cranking for more than 1 week. Blew through all the gas. I called them and explained their error and they pretty much told me to stick it up my bum and now i owe them 1300 bucks. They will not settle with me and they told me to pay it or they are gonna report to my credit!!!

Dumbfishguy said:
First year in this house dec was 550. ng bad thermostat . Jan was 440. Put in wood stove I to fight South Jersey Gas to get off budget , They sent the investigative team to see why I used 53.00 Dec 73.00 Jan , They would not come in . I told them as they were sitting by the meter waiting for my meter to move . JOKE its was 10 outside we were in short sleeves . Finally off budget . I love wood .

That was GREAT !
(They hate it if you are not 'using enough')

To Skinny: It's not the drugs... it's Dislexia...No it's 'Trickery'.

Status
Not open for further replies.