Wood Heating Question OWB or Indoor Wood Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone. My wife and I are wanting to install a supplement to our oil fired boiler we have now. We have a hydro air system w the boiler feeding 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs air handler as well as a hot water maker. Our home is about 2500sf, and we live on 4.5 acres so the distances required for the owb arent a problem. My town has no regulation on OWB as of yet. I travel alot and want something my wife can handle while Im away. Any suggestions we be greatly appreciated. Also, the reason were going with wood is that our family owns a sawmill so we pretty much have an unlimited wood supply. My father in law heats the mill and the shop buildings as well as the house and pool with 2 Central Boiler units. again, any guidance would be much appreciated.

Good luck with this one! :) I spent months researching this and found this site AFTER I did all the research... :( I ended up going with the CB e-classic and have been very happy with it. It is very simple to install, all in one package and seems to work very well so far. I am sure you will see many opinions for indoor gassifiers and you can see the CB's in action. Do some research and see what works best for you and your situation. My wife has been tending ours when I have been at work and has had no issues, we load once per day. Enjoy!

most efficient and easy to tend, more BTU's for you effort and pocket. Wood gasification, take your pick, tarm, EKO, econoburn, and many other manf. You won't regret it and the cost related to payback is a no brainer. I like my Tarm. :lol: sweetheat

Status
Not open for further replies.