Wood I.D.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobetter

Dec 17, 2008
Indiana

Since the lil' Bro was here, I decided to get the big guns out and let him block some rounds I'd bucked last Winter.

Here's a pic of one. Does anyone know what it is?(Ido)

Sure is purty,(real purty at 5 meg) Santa will be bringing me a 36" Alaskan mill, and a 41" bar so I hope to open up some other neat stuff!

looks like oak

Looks like someone 'cheated' with the chainsaw on the end of the block . . . a bit hard to split? I thought you said big guns?

interchangabLEE said:
Son of a beech!

you have spent to much time in the wood after you said it, makes it eazy to see...

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Looks like someone 'cheated' with the chainsaw on the end of the block . . . a bit hard to split? I thought you said big guns?

100 cc 10 H.P. and about 30 pounds. You're welcome to carry it around the woods for me, anytime.

smokinjay said:
interchangabLEE said:
Son of a beech!

you have spent to much time in the wood after you said it, makes it eazy to see...

Uh,

Try again!

mobetter said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:

100 cc 10 H.P. and about 30 pounds. You're welcome to carry it around the woods for me, anytime.

lmao thats a big gun!

Say it aint so Lee!

This is unfair, no bark ,quartersawn, I'll give ya a hint;

I live in Indiana.

never cut one but seen many Catalpa

mobetter said:
Say it aint so Lee!

I live in Indiana.

Dohn looky like anyting we have round here 'cept beech.
I thought mayB oak like smokerJ sez but it dohn have sapwood.

OK I'll play ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Barkless Indian Fuhkowiewood !!!!!!!!

interchangabLEE said:
mobetter said:
Say it aint so Lee!

I live in Indiana.

lol I will go with that he's in some kind of area where even the trees are corn feed

interchangabLEE said:
mobetter said:
Say it aint so Lee!

I live in Indiana.

Lee, Im

LMFAO

Hell you may be right, Could be a beech.

But I'm pretty sure it is the one and only..................................................................................State tree of INDIANA!

mobetter said:
smokinjay said:
interchangabLEE said:
+1 thats not tulip

Dude you're from Indiana, Is the Sycamore not our state tree?

Also the state record big tree. The cypress is bigger around, but if you look at that loink, they add crown and all that to come up with total points.

lol you are a hosier the state tree is tulip, and I only look at trees on how wide it is or how big of a bar its going to take.

smokinjay said:
mobetter said:
smokinjay said:
interchangabLEE said:
+1 thats not tulip

Dude you're from Indiana, Is the Sycamore not our state tree?

Also the state record big tree. The cypress is bigger around, but if you look at that loink, they add crown and all that to come up with total points.

lol you are a hosier the state tree is tulip

Doh! I am a hoser, I always remembered that song before the 500, and Larry Bird Played for the Indiana State Sycamores, and just figured that was the State Tree, Anyways I'm 99.999% sure that round came from a Sycamore tree.. My excuse is I grew up too close to Ohio!

Lee ,

That tree was standing dead when I took it down last Winter. It IS definiatly a Sycamore.

Attachments

• DSC02033.jpg
    DSC02033.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 326
Thats the hollow stump, let me find a different picture.

Best I can do for ya Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.