Wood ID if ya can

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwitham

Oct 29, 2012
Central Indiana
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386550675.231148.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386550694.146431.jpg

Picture 2: One of the red oaks
Picture 1: A piece of old curly something or another;lol If it came from the same tree then old curly red oak. If not, maybe maple

Picture 2: One of the red oaks
Picture 1: A piece of old curly something or another;lol If it came from the same tree then old curly red oak. If not, maybe maple

Ok, well that confirms what the guy told me about the top one and proves he was wrong on what all he brought me.

So is the maple a hard maple?

So is the maple a hard maple?

Well, bes I can say bout dat ista smack yosef in da shin wit it and iffn it hurt den it hard maple==c

Lol

Could be Norway maple. Don't you have a bark pic for us? How about a fresh split?

Could be Norway maple. Don't you have a bark pic for us? How about a fresh split?
I do not have any fresh split pics it's been split for a year, there is not any I have seen with bark on it still, it is Indiana wood if it matters.

I burned a piece of Norway maple last night that looked exactly like your first picture, no two snowflakes may look the same but 2 pieces of different maples can...

Status
Not open for further replies.