Wood ID please - 3 kinds....I think?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tree next door is an oak, I am positive. The tree was hanging over my driveway and kept dropping acorns everywhere! I actually have a really cool pic from when my father and mother went to the prom about 45 years ago and my grandparents to a pic in front of that tree and it was about 4 inches in diameter! It is abig tree. I didn't ask my neighbor to trim, but he was a little proactive in doing so. Came home from work one day and it was trimmed. Another neighbor scooped up the wood before I got home...grrr. For some reason, the damn thing drop more acorns this year than ever before? Think it had to do with the trimming?

Status
Not open for further replies.