wood id please. long time lurker first time post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdubbau

May 18, 2014
NE Ohio
photo 1 - edit.jpg photo 2edit.jpg photo 3edit.jpg photo 3 - edit.jpg photo 4edit.jpg photo 2 - edit.jpg Hello and thanks in advice for this forums help with some scrounged wood identification
I think it is a mx of ash and definitely pine

You got it!

Thanks to all who replied, i appreciate the confirmation and will be heading back to get more Ash... if it is still there. I have 6 cords of red oak c,s,s as of March 2014 but am in need of quick seasoning wood for my inaugural burning year!

will be heading back to get more Ash... if it is still there. I have 6 cords of red oak c,s,s as of March 2014 but am in need of quick seasoning wood for my inaugural burning year!
I would split it a little smaller than what I see in your pics, just to be sure. If you stack single-row in the wind and sun, and stack loosely where the wind can blow through, it should be usable by this winter.

Thanks jags. Happy to be a part of this very knowledgeable group. for an update the ash was still there and filled up my outback to the gills

Status
Not open for further replies.