Wood ID please...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram 1500 with an axe...

Minister of Fire
Mar 26, 2013
New Jersey
There is a mother load of this stuff for the taking. At first I thought they were 2 different species from the different bark, but after splitting, I'm not so sure. So I need help once again.

image.jpg [ATTACH104577[/ATTACH] image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

They both have strong smells when split. The bigger one was a lot heavier, not just cause its bigger...
Thank you all...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 170
Red Oak

Reactions: ScotO
RO+3

Dat's 4 fur red oak! Good stuff!!

All these posts from NJ about great wood finds, logs delivered for free, piles and piles of oak... :confused:

Whhhhhhhaaaaa! Whahhhhhh! Whaaaaaa!

Red oak, my man......nice score. You say there's lots of it, so if you have lots of room, get lots of it processed.
Trouble with oak is, as you probably have already learned, it takes a LONG time to season to it's optimum. Give it 2 to 3 years, it'll amaze you.
Split it on the smaller side, and it may season a little faster......

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
All these posts from NJ about great wood finds, logs delivered for free, piles and piles of oak... :confused:

Whhhhhhhaaaaa! Whahhhhhh! Whaaaaaa!
PNW Casades, where is that? Lol yes New Jersey has had a lot of wood for the taking these past 6 months or so, unfortunately, Sandy hit us hard, most will become mulch, but for us pyros.....we need to continue to seek out what is out there and get what we can, while we can....before it becomes mulch....

Thanks guys, that should have been an easy one, but I am working a lot, under the gun, trying to get by and trying to get wood...burn on............

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.