wood ID please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoff310

Oct 7, 2010
Toledo Ohio area
I picked this up from the local compost site. Rather heavy cuts nice...In the back of my mind im thinking tree of "garbage"
thats a fresh cut and bark...so what is it guys

Jeff

Attachments

• whatzit.jpg
    whatzit.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 143
Bark looks possible but the wood is darker than what I have come across. The TOH that I have cut into were all on the white side. Does it stink? That would be the dead giveaway.

no it doesnt have the TOH stink...I know that smell this stuff really doesnt have a smell.

Split it. Then you'll be able to really smell it. But picture wise, its kinda of hard to guess, the way its framed up. Any leaves? Just talking out loud... I'd go for Pin Oak, just on bark and wood colorations.

Status
Not open for further replies.