Wood I'd please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba3

Nov 14, 2014
Nj
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say Red Maple, although I am not always able to tell Red from Sugar on the internet.

I got it from a site that had multiple trees cut down most of it came from to different areas but most trees all looKed the same

Most trees all look the same to me, too.:rolleyes:

Reactions: D8Chumley
Red maple, bark isn't scaly enough and a little too thick for silver maple. :rolleyes:

Reactions: nrford
Get it split now and will be ready by next fall. Oh it is maple. We burn about 80% maple here during the day and will put out the heat . Matter of fact I have 4 splits in now and house is over 75. You will have to load stove a extra time a day but is great wood and splits like oak. I split on average of 1-2 cord a year all by hand.

I would guess maple for the ID.

Me personally ... I'm still wondering what type of wood you would please ... and how one goes about pleasing wood. ;) :)

yep red Maple about the same as silver burn wise, cut split( small say 4x4) stack now good to go likely by next fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.