WOOD ID please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mecreature

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2010
indiana
Anyone have a guess?

I have 10 of these rounds I had the privilege of bucking up. not sure what they are.
They are hard as rocks I busted up one and said no way.
also got a several good loads of cherry, walnut and mulberry.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 435
Great score......+1 one on hard maple.

Sweet... thanks guys. The smell from the pile of shavings was wonderful right after cutting.

mecreature said:
Sweet... thanks guys. The smell from the pile of shavings was wonderful right after cutting.

Those shavings are good for smoking items that you want a "lighter" smoke flavor than something like hickory will produce. Say a delicate fish or grilled scallops, etc.

If you don't want them, we'll take them.

Jags said:
mecreature said:

Those shavings are good for smoking items that you want a "lighter" smoke flavor than something like hickory will produce. Say a delicate fish or grilled scallops, etc.

Absolutely. I used a few pieces of Norway Maple branch to grill a salmon filet 2 weeks ago.Not quite the same as Sugar/Hard Maple,but very close in flavor.

I didn't think to grab a bag of those chips.
I may bust some up and put um back.

Thanks again for the ID. these rounds are waiting with the other to hard to split pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.