Wood id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostontom

Feb 3, 2013
South shore ma
Scored about a cord of already bucked wood from someone selling a home and got it for free the guy got his mini excavator and loaded it all on his trailer for me i offered him money for gas he said he was just happy to see it gone. Fine by me. I had alot of oak and alot of ash but there were just a few pieces i dont know what they are. If anyone can help thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 136
The first one looks like some kind of Cherry; the second one is without a doubt Mulberry. The grain starts out yellow but turns that darker brownish color as it dries-you can see that as you have both colors in the picture.

Reactions: D8Chumley
PA is spot on. Cherry and mulberry

I'm with the last two guys. And trust me , Pa knows cherry!;)

Mulberry any good?

Takes awhile to dry out but once it does it is very good. Pops somewhat when it burns, sometimes even loud "POWS" so don't be surprised to hear that or to see it sends sparks flying like sparklers at times, especially if you open the stove door. But it's really good fuelwood-just make sure it is dry....

Status
Not open for further replies.