Wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckitch

Feb 18, 2014
Michigan
Craigslist score, pretty heavy split decent. I think it's sugar maple, not like any soft maple ive cut, but just trying to learn and this place is the best.
Btw got 2 heaping truck loads and I bet there is three more at least

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    817.3 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    742.6 KB · Views: 200
Bingo, you got it.

I would say you most definitely have Sugar maple. I just checked to see where you were, thinking you were further out west. I dont know if its native in Michigan but Im sure it gets planted everywhere people take root.
Its a good burn and a great smell.

I dont know if its native in Michigan
I figured for sure you would have the Audubon Field Guide by now, seeing as you're the resident tree nerd. ;) Yes, Sugar is native to Michigan. It apparently isn't native further south than MO, eastern TN...so too bad for those in the deep south. ==c

Went back after work today and fellow scroungers did some damage while I was at work, but I got one more truck load of big rounds. Three loads not bad!!! What's the dry time on this stuff? Hoping for fall 16
PS it will all be split and stacked in the next week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: Woody Stover
Went back after work today and fellow scroungers did some damage while I was at work, but I got one more truck load of big rounds. Three loads not bad!!! What's the dry time on this stuff? Hoping for fall 16
PS it will all be split and stacked in the next week
That will be close to 2 years. Split smaller, in a windy, sunny area it may be ready if you really need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.