wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmillican

Jan 26, 2009
Portland OR
I cut this in the Tillamook Forest in Oregon (with a permit of course). Does anyone know what it is? I think one of them is Hemlock but I am not sure.
Thanks
2cxgrjc.jpg

64q7x4.jpg

pine of some kind conifer for sure

jmillican said:
so the top pic is pine?

they both look like pine to me

Yep, just look at those growth rings.

Woodbutcher

Amazing amount of growth for 20 years, whatever it is.

I was hoping that it would be decent firewood. I am kinda dissapointed if it is all pine. It was a lot of work to get. Live and learn I guess

a conifer.. but not hemlock .whatever it is out here on our side of the country it would called debris ...and promptly sent to a landfill

#1 is Spruce. #2 Pine, lodgepole maybe?

It doesn't look like pine to me, I'd say spruce or maybe fir. I am not sure it makes a big difference, as far as the burning characteristics go. Not sure what you were hoping for, but it is a conifer, and will season and be ready to burn next year.

Looks like a 2x4

Status
Not open for further replies.