wood id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
Does this look like elm?

Attachments

• id.jpg
    id.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 355
Not really... at least none of the elm types I've seen here.
I'd almost say black cherry, but I'd expect the bark to be darker and have more potato chip shapes closer together....
I'm stumped.

Looks like a pine but that should be easy for you id. Maybe cherry. Any pic's of the top ofhe tree?

I will have to get pics of the tops. I took this a few hours before we got dumped on with snow. There are a lot of these trees around the woods by my parents. I don't see any big ones mainly this size and smaller. A lot are bent or caught up in big vines.

Looks like some of the Maple in my rack waiting to be split, not sure what kind though.

Thats a tough one,

The bark does look similar to sycamore - is the top of the tree pale green or whitish and very smooth?

Definitely not cherry (at least not black cherry) and not like any maple i've ever seen.

FLINT said:
Thats a tough one,

The bark does look similar to sycamore - is the top of the tree pale green or whitish and very smooth?

Definitely not cherry (at least not black cherry) and not like any maple i've ever seen.

Pig in a polk if I ever seen one...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.