Wood Id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a soft maple.

Also believe it's soft maple
Very good fire wood, CSS it'll be ready for next season easily :)

Attachments

• 1208111412.jpg
    1208111412.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 313
It looks like silver maple to me. I burn quite a bit of it. It's a good "day" burner. Not too high on the btu chart.

As mentioned, not the best for btu's. But, cut, split, and stacked it seasons very quickly. Makes good kindling too. Also, throw a split in with some your denser wood to get it to catch fire faster.
I scrounge it when it's close to home, but won't go too far out of the way for it.

Cheers

What? No logsplitter Paul?

Silver maple. Middle of the road btu, seasons fast. Splits well. Lights easily. Good stuff to mix with denser woods or shoulder season stuff. I try to always have some split and ready to go. I was jones'in for some during the fall. I was heavy on the white oak with very little "shoulder" wood.

Yea the wood was already cut and lined up at the road and alot of it. I do all my splitting with my x27 and a true temper maul lol. Me and 2 of my friend can split some serious wood with our x27s lol.

**" the wood was already cut and lined up at the road "**
The more we learn about the wood, the better it gets. Get more ;)
If it's Cut Split & Stacked, you have Great firewood .
The "best fire wood ever", is the C/S/S stuff in your yard or wood shed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.