Wood in Brunco Hearthglow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unslimpickens

Sep 20, 2016
Ohio
Hello!
First post here, I've enjoyed lurking as a guest.
I have the opportunity to pick up a stove from a guy at my church for a song. The tag on the back identifies it as a Brunco Hearthglow Coal Stove. I've heard that you can burn wood in a coal stove, is this true? I currently heat with wood, but this stove is about twice the size of my current one and I'd love to upgrade. But I don't want to convert to coal (at least completely). I can get wood for free, my brother runs a tree service. I know coal is relatively cheap, but so am I! Thanks for any help, y'all.

I've heard that you can burn wood in a coal stove, is this true? I currently heat with wood, but this stove is about twice the size of my current one and I'd love to upgrade.
Yes you can burn wood in many coal stoves but it does not work very well generally the air coming in from the bottom like it does on a coal stove makes the wood burn up really fast. I don't know what stove ou have now but just because the stove is bigger does not mean it is an upgrade.

Here's a link to the Brunco manuals if you havn't found them already. http://fireplaces-rochester-ny.com/manuals/BRUNCO/

If I were to look for another pre-epa stove that would be on my short list.
Love the way they look and up until recently I think Brunco was still in business in Salem Ohio building (or at least selling) add-on wood/coal furnaces. All the manuals seem to list them as coal but I seem to remember a version that also mentioned wood.they used to be prevalent at one time around my area as I'm about an hour away from where Brunks made them.

Oh, and welcome! I don't think there has ever been another forum I have belonged to that has given me more knowledge and helpful advice than this one. Hope you have the same experience [emoji1]
Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.