Wood insert blower fan sizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainstation

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
N.Ont.
I have recently replaced my R14 wood insert fan, the other was beyond repair. The new fan, which is identical in size, has a new thermo sensor added to it, so it will turn itself on & off. But the new fan appears to push less air than the old. As if the CFM rating is less. My questions are: Any similar experiences with fan CFM sizing, and what did you do about it. Also, now the new fan is exclusively on/off by the thermosensor, I feel that with a full bed of coals and the fan might shut off thereby I am losing BTU potential. Any suggestions?

Dear Mods, sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. Would you mind moving it to the Hearth Room.
Thanks.

The epa tests them with the fan if I remember right. Too many cfm can cool the firebox and create a less efficient burn. That being said, I will up the blower cfm if mine ever go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.