wood mantle on new hearth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzlydeere

Sep 7, 2009
Upstate NY
Hi, I've been reading and learning a great deal here for a while but now I have a question. I'm in the process of building a hearth to intall a Regency F1100. The hearth is being built with cement board, stone veneer, bluestone slab, correct stove clearances...........but I would like to have a small mantle behind the stove. I have a log that's been cut in half for a rustic look to use for the mantle. If the mantle is placed well above the stove, around the 4 foot height, and within the clearances of the double wall stove pipe, is this allowable?

The manual does not specify the mantle height for the F1100S,
although it DOES show the clearance to the ceiling over the horizontal section of connector...
One could reason that dimension applies to the mantle, as well,
but it's best not to assume ANYTHING when installing a solid fuel product.
I'd try to contact Regency & ask a tech for the specifics on your install...

Status
Not open for further replies.