Wood meters and do they tell you which wood to use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of them (thought I lost one-getting old bought another) and mine works great but for me it's a fun toy, however if you are having trouble with wood (getting any, doesn't burn right, or just learning how long it takes to dry) they are a very useful tool. Some on here dont think they are necessary but they are just buzz killers. ;-)

I bought the same moisture meter about a month ago. It works best when you make a split and then test for moisture. The are accurate +4/-4%. Ideal moisture content under 20%.

Keep an extra year or two of wood on hand and you won't find any need for a MM. Oldspark now says I'm a buzz killer! Hum, I'll have to think that one over as usually people call me other names....

Backwoods Savage said:
Keep an extra year or two of wood on hand and you won't find any need for a MM. Oldspark now says I'm a buzz killer! Hum, I'll have to think that one over as usually people call me other names....
:lol: :lol: Well that's a lot better then being called an old Buzzard.

My wife said I smelled like one. Does that count?

There are several on ebay as well for a few dollars less than that and mine uses the common 9V battery. Have heard some folks say that they have to buy one of those special size button batteries or something for theirs.

Also you might not have a HF in your area then unless you buy a large amount of stuff you have to pay the $6 shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.