Wood Pellet Stove Ceramic Fire Log Split in half! - Can it be fixed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I am working on a Hudson River Saranac wood pellet stove. This ceramic fire log split in half. Can it be fixed. I was thinking of drilling 3 holes in each side, then inserting nails with the heads cut off. Smokey suggested using furnace cement for a good physical bond.

Any more comments? See pics below.
Click to Enlarge

Attachments

• HRSarnacCeramicLogSplit (1)scra.JPG
    HRSarnacCeramicLogSplit (1)scra.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 248
  • HRSarnacCeramicLogSplit (2)scra.JPG
    HRSarnacCeramicLogSplit (2)scra.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 185
Throw the damn things away! You know better!!!!! :) IF YOU HAVE TO, it sounds like a good plan to use the pins and Smokey's furnace cement.

Mine cracked too.
I threw them away.

good thing it was a 'promo freebie'. I'd be pissed if i paid 250 bucks for them like the msrp says.

I wouldn't waste my time fixing them. They look good when the stove's burning, but I find that they're just one more thing to clean on the stove.

Throw the damn things away! You know better!!!!! :) IF YOU HAVE TO, it sounds like a good plan to use the pins and Smokey's furnace cement.

For the record I don't currently own any furnace cement, the last time I had use for the stuff was back in 1980.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Status
Not open for further replies.