Wood Pellet Stove searcher?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I am searching for a pellet stove. I tried Google Alerts with a query for pellet stoves on craigslist. It works but not very well.
So I search manually but sometimes find one that I want to late and it is gone. Good deals go in a day!

Does anyone know of a better way to find a stove?

Also just came across this article
WoodPellets.com Launches Innovative Wood Pellet Stove Finder.
http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20110304006205/en

“They’re looking to get off oil. Wood and wood pellets – these are perfect options. Our Stove Finder makes it easy for them – we’re putting a tool in their hands to find the right stove for them, and find a local, reputable stove dealer.â€

The woodpellets.com finds dealers in your area. I am looking for used stoves.
See >> http://www.woodpellets.com/stoveFinder/dealerLocator.aspx?zip=03079

Has anyone tried one of those more generic Email Alearts for new Web Content such as:
http://www.transitionnetwork.org/blogs/ed-mitchell/2011-10/subscribing-email-alerts-website-content

The above site is NOT user friendly

Has anyone tried this site??
http://www.changedetection.com/monitor.html

This site allows you to monitor individual webpages on the internet
and sends you and email when the page is updated. You cannot tell the
website to just monitor one website, you need to tell it each page on
the website that you wish to monitor.

The issue with the above site is I cannot add keywords to narrow down the criteria of the search.

I see you're in NH, you must have access to Uncle Henry's, usually some used ones in there, or put in a "wanted" ad. If you're dead set on a used one, be prepared to put on a LOT of miles, and spend a LOT of time looking at junk, though.

hossthehermit said:
I see you're in NH, you must have access to Uncle Henry's, usually some used ones in there, or put in a "wanted" ad. If you're dead set on a used one, be prepared to put on a LOT of miles, and spend a LOT of time looking at junk, though.

Yes, Uncle Henry's is a good idea.

Also you are correct on mileage but so far a picked up two diamonds in the ruff but had to weed through the others. Not too much junk per say but prices are up there and I am looking for a bargain.

Do you have a "Smart Phone"? I downloaded Craiglist Notifier and just type in the "Search words" and then areas (can pick several different counties/areas).

As soon as any item goes up on Craiglist... It sends an update to your phone of that posting.

For instance, I put in "Wood Pellets" and "Pellet Stove", then put them under several different areas (Cleveland, Akron, Mansfield) I just got an update of a nice Whitefield a little bit ago.

Actually pretty nice. I use it for "Firewood" also. People give away free wood all the time (normally cut down trees, have to pick up the Rounds).

DexterDay said:
Do you have a "Smart Phone"? I downloaded Craiglist Notifier and just type in the "Search words" and then areas (can pick several different counties/areas).

As soon as any item goes up on Craiglist... It sends an update to your phone of that posting.

For instance, I put in "Wood Pellets" and "Pellet Stove", then put them under several different areas (Cleveland, Akron, Mansfield) I just got an update of a nice Whitefield a little bit ago.

Actually pretty nice. I use it for "Firewood" also. People give away free wood all the time (normally cut down trees, have to pick up the Rounds).

No I do not have an Iphone.

I just down loaded CraigList Notifier for Windows Computer.
http://download.cnet.com/Craigslist-Notifier/3000-2381_4-10784124.html

So thanks, this may work!!

Attachments

• WindowsNotifierProgram.jpg
    WindowsNotifierProgram.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 199
Hello Dexter

Does your app send emails??

I want something that sends emails for new postings.

This Computer Notifier only shows a list

Attachments

• notifiersearch.jpg
    notifiersearch.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 193
No emails... But its on my phone, so when it gets a hit. It sounds a "Notifier" and I know immediately when something is posted.

Doesnt need to be a iphone. Can be any phone that can download "apps".

This is the fastest way I know possible. But the phone may be a must if it doesn't notify you somehow on the PC.

DexterDay said:
No emails... But its on my phone, so when it gets a hit. It sounds a "Notifier" and I know immediately when something is posted.

Doesnt need to be a iphone. Can be any phone that can download "apps".

This is the fastest way I know possible. But the phone may be a must if it doesn't notify you somehow on the PC.

Thanks alot Dexter for the info!!!

P.S. I sold the Pelpro BayView!!

Did not really advertise it much!! It is a real winner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.