Wood Pellet Supply status in Ontario?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone knows the current status of Pellet supply in ontario? I purcahsed a large lot in October but am now running low....it seems this supply shortage is lingering.

I have a harmon forced air wood pellet furnace (pf100) and it's my main source of heat.

If you're in Ontario and know of a source of supply or news please share the info!!!

Thanks, Charles.

Update:
- Rona delivery of LG Granueles is unreliable in my opinion...and a long wait list.
- Home Hardware receiving supply 1.Mar

I found a good source with a good amount of supply. They are limiting to 35 bags a customer.
ESM FARM EQUIPMENT LTD
7293 LINE 86
WALLENSTEIN, ON N0B2S0
519-669-5176
Please do share your source if you wish...
Regards,
Charles.

I just received a call that Rona in Mississauga received some pellets - 15 skids.
But get this - they're charging 6.99 a bag.
Considering I just paid 5.40 in October, this is a total rip-off for the same product!!!

I would be interesting in learning what others are paying for LG Granueles in their local canadian market to compare notes!

Thanks, Charles.

Correction - it was 4.40 per bag in October, and again now 6.99 in late Jan for the same product.

I'm in Trenton, between Toronto and Kingston on the 401. I paid $265 a ton then $300 a ton in the fall from Home Hardware and my local feedstore.

The feedstore has a semi-load coming in Friday and the price likely will be $340 a ton (from B.C.) or $6.80 a bag. There are no other suppliers anywhere near me that I know of.

I have now switched primarily to corn which my stove can burn and I can buy for $238 per ton or $10.50 per 40 KG bag.

Where are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.