wood pile experts - how much in this photo?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not a full cord..but close and I bet it will burn?? Restack for in a 4'x4'x8' and let us know for sure!

i better hurry up and pick this wood up. the size keeps getting smaller and smaller and at this rate it will be down to a 1/4 cord by the weekend.

Picking it up tomorrow afternoon. The owners have offered to help load it, so that helps! I suppose asking them to drive home with me to unload and stack it is asking too much.

Well how much was it??

Can I get a bid in still?

After stacking 12 face cords this pas week, in 24' x 5' stacks, I've got to say that you're looking at just over 1/2 a cord there. Since JMF1 gave a vote of 2 face cords (and I'm assuming he's assuming 16" splits) I'll have to go $1 more than him and say .51 cords :)

Dunadan said:
Can I get a bid in still?

After stacking 12 face cords this pas week, in 24' x 5' stacks, I've got to say that you're looking at just over 1/2 a cord there. Since JMF1 gave a vote of 2 face cords (and I'm assuming he's assuming 16" splits) I'll have to go $1 more than him and say .51 cords :)

Yes, 16" splits I was figuring. What's a face cord going for in your area? I've seen them advertised for as much as $90.00 here! Is this pile home yet, I'm curious to see who was the closest.

Where exactly is Holland Patent?

I'm getting my wood for $65 a face cord delivered. I'm using the same guy my stove dealer uses, so I've not really needed to shop around much, but I've seen most wood around here (some of it green I'm sure) advertised for $60-70 a fc.

Holland Patent is just a bit North of Utica.

kw. man the pressure's on now. We all want to know how much really is there! Not only do you have to pick it up soon, but you need to get it stacked ASAP. We're dying of curiosity here!!

oh crap you guys...i thought this thread may fade away with no pressure to stack it perfect :)

the wood is home safe and sound. unfortunately its just in a big pile right now in front of my existing stacked wood. i did not have the time to stack it coming off the truck as it took a couple trips and i was pushed for time. this means nothing but i can tell you there were 908 splits all together (did my best to count while unloading).

looking at the new pile i'm going with 1.25 cords for no other reason then its a bigger pile than any of the couple times i've had to buy a cord of wood.
i promise to do my best to stack it in a measurable manner.

most importantly it all dry and begging to be burned and i think i should now have plenty for this winter.

Kwburn, stack it alittle loose so that it comes out to 1.5 and I will split the prize with you.
Don

ok. how about telling us how long the average split is so that we can come up with a bunch more guesses.

11 Bravo said:
well...........we're waiting.......you've had all night :roll:

sorry, it's still in a pile.
by the way, i now have poison ivy on my forearm where i was carrying the wood! too funny.

i should probably add that these same nice people sold me a Defiant Encore flat black in excellent condition for $325. so regardless on how the wood pile pans out i'm very happy.

Good score on both the wood and the stove! I'm stopping at a house tonight on my way home, they just had 4 large (36"+ diameter) maples cut down this weekend. Trunks are still laying there, hoping I can score them for free removal! If I can get it all, there will be a good portion of my wood for next year. Have to dig out the 24" bar for the big saw.

I'll go for 1.121 cords. What's the grand prize again? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.