1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Wood pile robbed

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by precaud, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick

Rick Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I would have to agree that taking a life over wood is a bit drastic. That being said, if I ever caught anyone on my property trying to steal anything, I would hurt them. My wife and small children are often home alone. I live off the road surrounded by woods, my house is barley visible in the summer. I worry about somebody coming down to steal something, my wife startles them and things go bad from there. You can't see certain parts of my property from other parts. My wife could be at the swing set with the kids and not even know that somebody is robbing the barn. That is my biggest concern.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Homefire

Homefire New Member

I thought you said it was you on the backhoe, oh well .

3. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Two different stories one with me on a backhoe and the other one had nothing to do with me
    both EH and Malogger knows the Farm and farmer in question just another story about a guy protecting his property two separate stories
  4. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Norfolk Ma
    I can back up the foxboro story. I know one of the slectmen in the the town. That incident was kept very quite
  5. Homefire

Homefire New Member

Actually I wanted the report for the backhoe story
    as I am presenting a report on urban myths and how they
    began.
  6. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

home fire this happened long abo possibly early 80's the backhoe involved is the same one I have posted here splitting wood it is a John Deere 1977 500c.
    I don't know if I can validate the story with a police record, but 3 years ago Mo heat and I exchanged some (e-mail) crazy life incident we experienced. I told him this story
    he can validate only to the point if it similar or I embelished it this time around
  7. ourhouse

Loc:
    Norfolk Ma
    Elk did you know Vi Ingraham from Norfolk?
  8. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Yeah I know of them
  9. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Yeah I know of them.

I see the ladder stil on the roof at John's house
  10. ourhouse

Loc:
    Norfolk Ma
    I remember him and my dad talking about a guyin Wrentham going after a couple of guys with a backhoe a long time ago. It was probably you. And I'm talking about Vi senior not the moron Jr.
  11. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

You know at the time the rush of the moment took over my thinking I don't know why I did what I did I never factored in that could have had guns
    Because there was no break I believe the cops just arested them with the evidence of the stolen goods in the truck. I never filed a report or was required any further actions after the police took the intruders away. The local news was the police apprehended the breakin intruders and that i the evidence tied them into other brewk in in the surounding towns.
    If any herro status was needed it goes to my dog who put up enough noise and presented enough resistance that allowed me to do what I did and slowed down tthe possible intruders for a quick hit and run. It all happened in less than 30 minutes then normal life went on
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.