Wood Pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimlock13

Dec 15, 2014
Holtsville
Hopefully will have some left over come Spring.

Attachments

• IMG-20150822-00436.jpg
    IMG-20150822-00436.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 408
Reactions: Osagebndr
That left side's really leanin'..... maybe if she goes you could use that life preserver hanging on the fence!

Looks like a nice load of well-dried wood...

Nice stack for sure! Like Rebelduckman, I would also be short.

Are those 4' lengths you have on the ends in the cinder blocks? I have 8' sitting in there and I toy with cutting them in half....

Yes 4 ' lengths. I actually built some holders that looked nice, but found this method alot cheaper and just as good.

Nice idea on the racks! Are they mounted anyway or just in the cinder blocks?

Nice idea on the racks! Are they mounted anyway or just in the cinder blocks?
Another thread has some suggestion of running a cable between the end supports but those racks used 8' supports and were v shaped by the time they finished stacking:oops:

Another thread has some suggestion of running a cable between the end supports but those racks used 8' supports and were v shaped by the time they finished stacking:oops:

I have two racks using this method the OP uses, and I filled the "gap" around the pieces of lumber with rocks which gives it more stability so that it doesn't lean much at all. Works good, and cheap!

Reactions: Lake Girl
No need to run the cable the entire length. I have issues with t-posts leaning in soft ground so I use cables to hold them. I just use a 10 foot length, put a loop in one end, run the cable down at an angle to the bottom of my stacks, and fill the loop with wood, then stack it all in. In order for the post to lean it has to put a "bundle" of splits up and out through the side of the stack. That's not going to happen as the splits are stacked in tightly; I don't have any problems with leaning posts anymore...

Reactions: Lake Girl
Part time heat or full time heat???

I hear tell we're gonna get beat up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.