1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood Racks & tool sets

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by sly22guy, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sly22guy

sly22guy New Member

Loc:
    Lancaster,PA
    Im currently in search of a nice looking wood rack and tool kit for beside my wood stove. I found some neat ones online that had the center for the splits top for kindling and hangers for tools. but @ $250.00 thats just a little too much.

So what do you have? Made? Pics!!! Please.

Im looking for an idea to steal as i have a nice miller welder sitting in my garage and some scrap metal. :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. daveswoodhauler

daveswoodhauler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Here is what I did with some left over metal from a screenhouse that blew down.

Didn't have to weld....just had to add some brackets and screws. I'm sure you can make something much nicer with a welding background.

Good luck.

Attached Files:

3. sly22guy

sly22guy New Member

Loc:
    Lancaster,PA
    I'm sure you can make something much nicer with a welding background.

Good luck.[/quote]

Lol if truth be told im actually a goldsmith. I just like to tinker with the welder :)
  4. bsruther

bsruther Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky
    I've made a few different pokers with my stick welder. Sheppard's poles work great for making them, just don't let your wife see you stealing them out of the yard. As for the rest of my tools, my shovels are cheap, lightweight, formed sheet metal and they work great. My broom is a 4 inch wide paint brush. I choose function over form because I want my stove tools to work well, not stand in the corner and look pretty.
    The majority of my wood for this winter is stacked on racks outside the back door that I made with the welder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.